Sales & Marketing Agent APPLY NOW
To be successful as a Champlain Peony Company sales & marketing agent a candidate should demonstrate an outgoing cheerful personality, enthusiasm for and familiarity with the products we produce and sell. They should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be comfortable with primary business information technologies, have a keen sense of cultural awareness, and have exquisite time management skills. They will market and sell our materials and products to retail businesses across the New England/Eastern Canada region by seeking out prospective customers, attending trade shows, building customer lists from multiple sources, and following leads from existing clients. They will collaborate with customers to find mutual business solutions, explain how our products meet their clients' needs, and work with the Champlain Peony Company production team to ensure our product lines meet the demands of our customers. Fluency in written and conversational Quebecois and French is mandatory and Dutch is preferred. The Supervising SMA reports directly to the BM. All other SMAs report to the Supervising SMA.
Responsibilities of the SMA:
- Safety is your primary responsibility, both for yourself and for others;
- Learning the care, culture, retail qualities, and growing characteristics of the materials we offer for sale;
- Possessing a valid passport and being prepared for foreign travel to engage with both suppliers and customer clientele;
- Utilizing current computer technologies to facilitate price negotiation, answering product availability and harvest schedules, and drafting proposals and sales contracts;
- Utilizing business management operating systems to record and inform work scheduling, travel costs, time/task logs, vehicle utilization, and other sales and marketing expense information needs of the Company;
- Working directly with Business Manager on accounts receivables when accounts go past due or for other business needs;
- Developing marketing strategies and informing product line changes to continuously maintain market relevance and to drive the markets as an industry leader;
- Functioning as a planner for and expediting Company marketing events and promotional materials throughout the year;
- Engaging the production team to perform hands-on production tasks necessary for the success of the business;
- Engaging the public on topics within their field of expertise, referring clients to others more suited to engaging their needs, or assisting in making a plan to address a client’s inquiry at a later time;
- Assisting any customer who is in need by focusing attention, expertise, and genuine interest in our products and services to facilitate a positive transaction;
- Carrying out the goals of their supervisor by prioritizing and multi-tasking projects to achieve continuity of production and business functions;
- The Supervising SMA provides direction and supervision to other SMAs.